Sunday, October 01, 2006

Why do we seem to think that the Earth will crumble if it rains on our washing?

Imagine the picture: Me, wearing a knee-length, black, floaty skirt, a red vest top and big slipper socks to keep my feet warm (sexy, I know). I'm writing an essay on the power of the US President, and I casually look over to the window, and notice it's raining. Suddenly a rush of urgency comes over me-- Did mum bring the washing in?!?! I haphazardly click ctrl+s and rush downstairs, look out of the back door and see-- Oh no! It's raining ON THE WASHING!!!! "Shit!", thought I! I pushed my feet into my (new) boots, socks visible over the top of them, put on my thick winter jacket and ran out into the garden. Should I start at the far-end of the line with the towels, or the near-end with the underwear? I collected it all in, dropping pegs and socks along the way, skirt flying about in the wind and revealing what probably shouldn't be revealed, but that doesn't matter, speed is of the esscence! As quickly as possible, I shoved it into the basket in the kitchen.

Safe and dry.

1 Comments:

At 04 November, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

because then it takes longer to dry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home