Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Why Is The World Obsessed With...


... taking vitamin enhancements?

Seriously, it's getting a little extreme. Even I take Bassett's Children's Strawberry Flavour Chewable Multivitamins, and I hate the whole idea. Even corporate businesses, such as whoever owns the Flintstones, have cashed into it. Not that any children should be exposed to that sexist, 'goldenage' POS, but that's a story for another post.

Contrary to popular belief, the human body does not instantly fall apart if we do not get our 100% RDA for Vitamin A, C, D and E every day. Nor do our bones shatter if we do not drink milk, or our brains suddenly stop functioning if we don't take our Omega 3 tablets.

What brought me on to this is that I was looking through the Avon catologue and found thatthey are selling an eyebrow pencil that is 'enriched with vitamins A and E'. Why? Because women instantly go "You mean my current Glimmersticks Brow Definer doesn't have vitamins in it?! My eyebrows can't see in the dark?!", and instantly believe that they do, in fact, need the extra vitamin A in their eyebrows, because they have been realising that recently they've been having trouble putting on their makeup in the dark...

1 Comments:

At 08 August, 2006, Blogger eriu said...

Is chocolate healthy? If so, I'm being VERY healthy today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home