Friday, November 10, 2006

Why do people use hands-free kits when their hands are perfectly free already?

I saw this on the bus today, whilst having a trip-down-memory-lane with a guy I hadn't seen for over a year. A guy sat next to me on the back seat (because I'm a dirty rebel like that) kept using his hands-free kit... even though he was sat down on a bus just staring absent-mindly out of the window. ARGH!

YOUR STUPID TOYS DO NOT MAKE YOU LOOK 'COOL' WHEN YOU'RE USING THEM UNNECESSARILY!

They only look good when you're walking down the street multi-tasking. Like business people in films. They are the only people that can use hands free kits. Everyone else just sucks.

2 Comments:

At 13 November, 2006, Blogger Maven said...

I always view the excessive use of those hands-free headsets or those Blue Tooth ear gadgets to be terribly assinine. Five years ago, folks walking down the street laughing/talking/yelling into thin air would be viewed as lunatics; NOW, they have an external excuse to be rude.

I find it amusing and pathetic at the same time, that with all these gadgets to keep us in touch with one another, no substantial communication actually goes on. It's all "radio gaga, radio goo goo." Additionally, it's ruining it for the rest of us who choose some quiet time, with all these folks running about so obviously and totally incapable of existing without that immediate human contact.

 
At 13 November, 2006, Blogger eriu said...

Heh -- I like the way they put 'quiet coaches' on trains now... I think that's really clever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home