Thursday, December 21, 2006

Love thy neighbour.

Okay, so my neighbour, Neil, did the most evil thing to me today. I saw him outside getting into his car so I went out, and the conversation went something like this:

Me: Being as you're in your caranyway, do you fancy giving me a lift to the bottom shop?
Him: Sure, just get in
Me: *gets in, commences random talk*
Him [a few minutes later, when we're half way to the shop]: You're going to be freezing walking back
Me: Hahahaha, good joke.
Him: No, really, you're going to be freezing.
Me: ... What...?
Him: I'd bring you back, but I'm a bit pushed for time, I need to go to Manchester and I've got a bank appointment, I really don't have time.
Me: ... What...?
Him: I'm really sorry, I would usually
Me: ... You're mean.

It was cold :(.

3 Comments:

At 22 December, 2006, Blogger eriu said...

lol! Don't worry about it, it's just the shop that's at the bottom of the hill, rather than the 'top shop', that's at the top of the hill. Top shop can also be replaced with 'little shop', because it's smaller. :P.

The 'bottom shop' is about half a mile away or so.

 
At 24 December, 2006, Blogger Maven said...

Hmmmm... and to think I thought bottom shop was a euphemism for some type of BDSM shop:) Far more interesting in my head, I suppose!

PS: You should have made clear the terms of engagement before you entered the vehicle:)

Hope you had comfortable shoes on for that walk home...

 
At 24 December, 2006, Blogger eriu said...

I had comfortable shoes, but no coat :(. It was very cold...

I wouldn't let my neighbour take me to a BDSM shop, that's just weird!

My village probably does have a BDSM shop somewhere though, it's just hidden very well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home